Re: htmlhelp generation

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>,"PostgreSQL Patches" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: htmlhelp generation
Date: 2004-11-23 20:54:53
Lists: pgsql-patches
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> From what I can tell, this XSL will download and import another XSL
> from docbook.sourceforge.net every time you run "make" on it.

Normally, you or your operating system should set up an XML catalog
that maps that URI to a local copy.  For example, my system has

/etc/xml/catalog:
<delegateSystem systemIdStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/" catalog="file:///etc/xml/docbook-xsl.xml"/>

and

/etc/xml/docbook-xsl.xml:
<delegateSystem systemIdStartString="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/" catalog="file:///usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/catalog.xml"/>

This is no different from the public identifier mapping in the SGML
world, only that in the XML case it is possible, as a fallback, to
fetch the data over the net.  Whether you actually do that is between
you and your XSLT processor.

--
Peter Eisentraut