Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise!

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: List of regional contacts up, please revise!
Date: 2004-11-19 07:01:56
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:
> I'm also wondering about Asia. Unlike Europe, SE Asia (at least)
> does not tend to share common "second lanugages" so I'm wondering if
> recommending a contact in Japan or India is any better than
> recommending no contact at all.

Europe does not really share common second languages either, and I'm
somewhat amused about the language assignments some people are trying
to make in this thread. Nevertheless, I think the easiest policy is,
if someone wants to cover a particular area, let them cover it, period.
Geopolitical judgements are best done by the affected individuals.

--
Peter Eisentraut