code duplication (was: Re: General Parser)

From: Vadim Nasardinov <vadimn(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: code duplication (was: Re: General Parser)
Date: 2004-11-01 15:45:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Monday 01 November 2004 06:12, Oliver Jowett wrote:
> if only because it reduces code duplication.

Speaking of which, I ran CPD on the source tree and found a few cases
of copied and pasted code. The results are posted here:

http://people.redhat.com/~vadimn/scratch/pgsql-jdbc/pgjdbc-cpd-brief.txt
http://people.redhat.com/~vadimn/scratch/pgsql-jdbc/pgjdbc-cpd-full.txt

I haven't had a chance to try and assess how difficult it would be to
factor out the duplicated chunks.

Vadim