FTP server cleanup suggestions

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FTP server cleanup suggestions
Date: 2004-10-19 08:52:20
Lists: pgsql-www
Here are a couple of ideas to make the hierarchy on the FTP server a bit more
understandable and cruft-free:

The doc/ directory only contains outdated material.  If we want to keep it, it
should be moved in the directories of the respective source code
distribution.  For example, move doc/7.3 to source/v7.3/doc.

The files in NT_Support_Files/ are no longer relevant for the Cygwin port and
should be removed.

The old/ directory just contains garbage and should be removed.

README.v7.4.3 should be removed, since 7.4.5 is the latest version.  Same with
the 7.4.3 symlink.

What does the sup/ directory contain?

The win32/ directory should be moved to the binary/ directory.

The substructure of the binary/ directory seems to change with every minor
release.  We should think of a reasonable structure and stick with that.

--
Peter Eisentraut

pgsql-www by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2004-10-19 09:22:07