Re: ODBC SQLSetPos Delete problem

From: "Lothar Behrens" <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC SQLSetPos Delete problem
Date: 2004-09-14 18:49:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc
> Lothar Behrens wrote:
> > I can try to debug the ODBC library, but I do not understand the full
> > source, so I need a little help.
> If there is a crash, you should get a stack backtrace from the core file
> and examine the local state to find out what caused it to crash.

In my first posting for this thread, I gave the exact position in the
sourcecode of the driver.

As other postings say, the pointer 0xdddddddd is a deleted memory
area. The pointer in use is a local variable in the function

The crash surprisingly happens while debuging is switched on in ODBC
configuration. If I have no debug informations, it crashes later.

I would have a deeper look at the driver code to find out more and
understand the code.

PS. I mainly develop on windows 2000 and using Open Watcom.

Is the stack backtrace based on linux or on windows using MSVC ?

> --
> Peter Eisentraut

Lothar Behrens    | Independent:       lothar(dot)behrens(at)gmx(dot)de
Rosmarinstr 3     | My public project:
40235 Düsseldorf  |