bug in cvs of PGadmin 3

From: Tony Caduto <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug in cvs of PGadmin 3
Date: 2004-09-08 23:56:09
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi,
I noticed that every secondary window like the function editor, table editor
etc are all set to stay on top form styles.  This behavior is not like any
windows application out there.  The problem is you can't switch focus to any
other application when you are editing a function and have the window
maximized or enlarged in anyway.  PGAdmin forms block the entire desktop
because they are set to stay on top, at least on win32.

A form/window should only be stay on top for things such as notification
windows.

Do you see what I am saying?

Also  the forms should spawn screen center or parent center, then the user can
decide if it should be maximized or manually resized.

I am not trying to be a pain in the rear, but I have been developing windows
apps using Delphi for years and I have never seen a app exhibit this weird
windows placement behavior.

Please please fix this as it is a huge PITA.

Of course I could fix it myself, but then I would have to redo it everytime a
new version comes out.

Thanks,

Tony Caduto
Senior Programmer/Analyst
M&I Trust Company

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2004-09-09 07:41:50