Re: Hebrew support -- please help !

From: Elie Nacache <elie_nacache(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Guy Naor <guy_naor(at)speakeasy(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hebrew support -- please help !
Date: 2004-08-31 15:54:07
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi Guy,
> Are you sure your client side display and fonts are set correctly?
Yes, I can display Hebrew font.
> Can you look at the ASCII codes you get back from Postgres to make sure they are not the correct Hebrew characters.
I use pgAdmin3 on W2K to insert row in Hebrew and can see the right character.
My /etc/sysconfig/i18n file:

Now I tried this configuration:
  * DB in UNICODE, 'set client_encoding to UNICODE'
  * Apache 2.0 + mod_jk2: don't see any encoding
  * Tomcat 5:  javaEncoding to UTF8 (default value)
  * In each JSP:
       <%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8" language="java"%>
Now I got the right information from the DB in Hebrew and french.
Still can't save value in Hebrew from client (browser) to server and in french if I save 't' in a column varchar(3) I got a range over exception.
What happen here ! something else to config ?

Do you Yahoo!?