Re: surrogate key or not?

From: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: surrogate key or not?
Date: 2004-07-28 12:08:11
Lists: pgsql-sql
> simpler, as a first stage and easily implemented, give him some way he can
> tag words and phrases he feels important. save these in a table along with a
> foreign key identifying the source. as a second stage keep analysing the
> words and phrases chosen and empirically build up a database of significant
> words and phrases relevant to that specific installation (or doctor), and as
> a third stage, highlight these as he types in the data
Even simpler. Most notes only ever contain those words that are
relevant :-) So what we are doing is matching different parts
of the progress note, eg. when the doctor types "cough,
congested nose, sore throat" as a complaint we pull in the
drugs he ususally prescribes for that condition and the dosages
she ususally uses ...

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346