Re: [pgsql-advocacy] win32 binary downloads

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] win32 binary downloads
Date: 2004-06-27 21:05:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
> 2. a small graphical manager is bundled
> pgAdmin do?

Like Andrew, I meant a GUI layer over initdb, pg_ctl
but also configuration of postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf.

It could be an applet in the main Windows menu bar:

- Blue icon means that PostgreSQL is running.
- Red icon means that PostgreSQL is stopped.
- Right-click gives access to
 + postgresql.conf GUI,
 + pg_hba.conf GUI,
 + start,
 + stop,
 + restart,
 + and maybe a tuning wizard.

Since I am not going to program this applet,
there is no need for me to write more :)

I know this kind of tool is on pgAdmin III radar :)

Kindest regards,
Jean-Michel