Re: Revert addition of -lpgport, which breaks the build

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Revert addition of -lpgport, which breaks the build
Date: 2004-05-24 00:58:27
Lists: pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I think Neil's point is that it fails on OSX as well.  Really we have to
> >> do this the way libpq does, namely pull out the specific files it needs
> >> and recompile those with the correct shared-library-compatible CFLAGS.
>
> > I will make the separate build change when I return on Sunday.
>
> I applied the necessary changes to get OS X to build again.  Does Win32
> need any more port modules besides path.c in ecpglib?

I see that you didn't use $filter() like we do in libpq/Makefile.  I now
remember we have two types of files in libpgport, those that are used
only if the platform needs it, and those that are always in the library,
so they don't need filter.

I have applied the following patch to remove a few unneeded uses of
$filter().