Re: Promoting PostgreSQL to the world.

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Promoting PostgreSQL to the world.
Date: 2004-04-29 18:45:58
Lists: pgsql-www
Bruce,

> The distinction is whether we are going to require companies to give us
> money to use our name or logo.  If CP, SRA, or PostgreSQL, Inc. puts the
> logo on their box, is that OK?  I think we need to decide how this is
> going to work long-term, not just in this case.

I'm not sure that's the issue here.   It's quite possible -- likely, in fact
-- that part of their merchandising plan is "A portion of the proceeds from
this merchandise goes to support Open Source projects."    It's certainly
what *I* would do.   I think you're making this a lot more complicated than
it needs to be.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions