Re: Clarification of DateStyle

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Clarification of DateStyle
Date: 2004-04-15 05:33:41
Lists: pgsql-docs
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I have applied the following patch to clarify the meaning of the second
> > DateStyle field.
>
> Am I seeing correctly that this is actually just a one-word insertion?
> You do your readers no favor by providing patches for comment that
> consist largely of content-free rearrangement of line breaks.

Yea, confusing.  The change was from:

	and the date field order specification

to:

        and the input/output specification for year/month/day ordering

When I am in there, I take the opportunity to clean up the arrangement.
If I don't my new text pushes everything out of alignment.

I guess I could make the changes, do a diff, then reformat before
applying to CVS.  Would that help?