Re: Aberdeen Study on OS RDBMS: exceprts and breakdown.

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>,Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,<pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Aberdeen Study on OS RDBMS: exceprts and breakdown.
Date: 2004-04-01 17:27:07
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Scott,

> I doubt there's any malice behind their words, but the research was pretty
> poor on all the databases covered, and they left out firebirdSQL which is
> easily in the same realm as the other open source databases for having
> solid code, a cult like following, and its own set of features that set it
> apart.

What's really peculiar about this is that I participated in an Aberdeen study
specifically on PostgreSQL as a replacement for Oracle.   So the Aberdeen
folks have *extensive* information about PostgreSQL, its features, and its
development process.   But apparently the researchers don't share
information.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions