OutOfMemory

From: postgres(at)nitwit(dot)de
To: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: OutOfMemory
Date: 2004-03-29 15:42:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi!

I'm not sure whether this is a Java or an DB issue. I select a lot of data
from database, more than would fit into memory - and get an
OutOfMemoryException.

Well, why is this? This is actually what the idea of an Iterator is about,
that the data is progressively fetch and not all at once put into memory,
isn't it?

Now I do have to manually run the query multiple times using LIMIT/OFFSET
(manually adapted to the amount of RAM of the host machine...).

Timo

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Wagner,HarryDate: 2004-03-29 15:57:08