Re: createdb fails

From: Bill Chandler <billybobc1210(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: createdb fails
Date: 2004-03-29 06:51:57
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
> Ah it's SSL. Try to disable SSL in postgresql.conf,
> then it should work.

Nope.  Same results.  In fact, it looks like
ssl=false is the default anyway right?  So I've been
running w/ SSL off all along.

> If you really need SSL, then you have to create
> that missing certificate file - don't ask me how,
> I don't know.  (The file is there on my Debian Linux
> installation.)

Well, I found out at:

Created server.crt file as per instructions above.
Set ssl=true in postgresql.conf.  Postmaster started
successfully.  Tried to createdb.  Same message!!!

BTW, this is after uninstalling and reinstalling
Cygwin and PostgreSQL.

I feel like I must have done something wrong on
installation.  Or maybe my machine is configured
strangely.  I followed the instructions at:

Are these instructions complete?

Do you Yahoo!?

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: RobDDate: 2004-03-29 13:13:49