Re: Physical Database Configuration

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Guy Rouillier <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Physical Database Configuration
Date: 2004-03-27 05:57:37
Lists: pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 16:34:48 -0600,
  Guy Rouillier <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com> wrote:

> I actually sent this earlier directly to Tom by mistake.  I got tripped
> up on replying.  This is the first list I've encountered where "Reply
> To" is set to the individual poster rather than the list.  Is that on
> purpose? (dumb question, I know - of course it is on purpose - but why?)

Yes. You shouldn't be using reply to sender to reply to the list.
Your mail client should have at least one of reply to all, reply to list
or reply to recipients that you can use to send mail back to the list.
Where more than one of these is available, people will disaggree on which
one is more appropiate.

As for one opinion on why reply-to headers shouldn't be munged, see: