Re: JDBC3 and 7.4.1

From: Ranjeet Kapur <ranjeet_kapur(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Subject: Re: JDBC3 and 7.4.1
Date: 2004-02-20 20:21:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Thanks, I just did a few experiments and  found the same thing, that getFetchSize() was returning 0. Is there anything else I could use to achieve the same result, namely how many rows in the select ?? I am very new to DB programming thats why I probably misread the documentation on getFetchSize().

Ranjeet

Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com> wrote:

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Ranjeet Kapur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ResultSet rs = select_stmnt.executeQuery(query);
> System.out.println("Select Size = " + rs.getFetchSize());
> num_entries = rs.getFetchSize();

getFetchSize does not return the number of result rows. It did prior to
7.4, but that was just an implementation artifact and should not have been
relied on.

Kris Jurka

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster