Patch for text of HOWTO entitled "How to install PostgreSQL on Windows"

From: PaulBowman(at)HBOSplc(dot)com
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Patch for text of HOWTO entitled "How to install PostgreSQL on Windows"
Date: 2004-02-13 17:38:49
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
 <<InstallWin32Patch>>

Basically the current version on  Postgres that comes with Cygwin also seems to have a dependency on the crypt library (it kept falling over with a message about missing dll with a name LIKE '%crypt%' - I guessed on the crypt lib and that seemed to cure it OK. BTW failed to book-mark exactly which page text appears on - ask for full text if you can't identify it from title.

Currently I now have an instance running according to Cygwin - only problem is I can't seem to psql to it from anywhere (tried opening a second Cygwin window and...

****
$ psql -l
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

****

Any tips would be appreciated.

cheers,

Paul Bowman
Database Services
Service Delivery
Group Technology
HBOS Group Services
Desk			0113 23 (53696)
Mobile			07880 784415

Team Mailbox		$IT SD  Oracle/SQL Server
Team Helpline		0113 23 (53201)
group services - delivering for HBOS

HBOS plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC218813. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. HBOS plc is a holding company, subsidiaries of which are regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Flávio HenriqueDate: 2004-02-16 21:19:55