Re: Important OSCON update

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Important OSCON update
Date: 2004-01-30 15:17:42
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Robert Bernier wrote:
> Here's a quote from an email I had from chromatic yesterday...
>
> >Good question; there were only about this many PostgreSQL talks last
> >year, but Nat did try to spread around the number of people selected for
> >talks or tutorials.

My feeling is that we had a reasonable number of PostgreSQL folks last
year, but not enough to justify dramatically expanding our conferences
slots this year. Now if this year has lots of attendees, we might have
more slots next year.

We could actually go to them and say we want OSCON to be our big event
each year, and if we get lots of people this year, can we have more
slots next year. Basically, if we supply the attendees, they will give
us the slots. Even last year, we had a whole room for a whole day, and
that was an expansion from the previous year.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us