This is where I think we are so far with regards
to OSCON2004. If I've got something wrong or
too vague, please contact me.
We need more speakers as opposed to tutorial presenters.
We need verification on a few of the tutorial
subjects and lengths.
There are a few subject overlaps and I'm trying
to get more details and let the various people
work out the overlaps.
I will provide updates to this list
as new information becomes available.
This information is also on my wiki:
wiki user: (varlena)
* PostgreSQL: Elein, Josh Berkus
* OReilly Contact: chromatic
Off site get together
* Joshua Drake @ Command Prompt
* T-Shirts For Pg Conference goers: Greg Sabino Mullane
* Other Swag TBD
* Josh Berkus -- Might be some money available
* Josh Berkus -- possibly money for this
* Elein -- scheduling
* Set up: Josh/Elein
* State of PostgreSQL -- Bruce Momjian: Adoptions and Trends
* Schedule -- elein
* Joe Conway -- (?? day) Extending PostgreSQL with C?
* Andrew Sullivan -- (1/2 day?) Erserver Replication
* Elein -- TBD
* Gavin Roy -- (1/2 day) Intro to PostgreSQL
* Robert Bernier -- (1/2 day) Datamining email/Perl (and PostgreSQL??)
* Greg Sabino Mullane -- (1/2 day) how to use the database to help your DBA and application writers get along with other by good use of "advanced" database features
* George Essig -- (1/2?? day) tsearch2
* Gavin Sherry -- (1/2 day??) Advanced Features and 7.4 Enhancements
* Josh Berkus -- (1/2 day??) Php and PostgreSQL
* Joe Conway -- 7.4 enhancements Conflict with Gavin Sherry ?
* Elein -- ORDBMS Concepts in PostgreSQL
* We need more speakers for talks!
Topics Looking for Speakers
* PostgreSQL on Windows
* PostgreSQL Setup/Administration
* Server Side Programming languages: plpgsql, plpythonu, plperl, pltcl, plphp
----- End forwarded message -----
pgsql-advocacy by date
|Next:||From: Roderick A. Anderson||Date: 2004-01-22 00:24:28|
|Subject: Re: Booth at OSCON?|
|Previous:||From: elein||Date: 2004-01-21 23:05:31|