Updated Cygwin Package: postgresql-7.4.1-2

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Cygwin Announce <cygwin-announce(at)cygwin(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Updated Cygwin Package: postgresql-7.4.1-2
Date: 2004-01-10 01:20:00
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-cygwin

New News:
=== ====
I have updated the version of PostgreSQL to 7.4.1-2. The tarballs should
be available on a Cygwin mirror near you shortly.

The following is the only notable change since the previous release:

Revert configure with --includedir=/usr/include/postgresql change
since its need was obviated by the following 7.4.1 change:

Install ECPG include files for Informix compatibility into
separate directory.

I guess I should read the release notes next time... :,)

<WARNING>
If you are upgrading from 7.4, then please heed the following:

This version, as with most minor versions, does not require a
dump/reload to put into place. That said, there are some changes to
the information schema that require a DROP/reload of that *specific*
schema ... please read the HISTORY file for instruction on how to do
this.
</WARNING>

Old News:
=== ====
PostgreSQL is an open-source, Object-Relational DBMS. If interested,
see the PostgreSQL web site for more details:

http://www.postgresql.org/

Please read the README file:

/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.4.1.README

since it covers requirements, installation, known issues, etc.

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

Note that we have recently stopped downloads from sources.redhat.com
(aka cygwin.com) due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will
need to find a mirror which has this update.

In the US,
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.

In Germany,
ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/mirrors/cygnus/
is usually pretty good.

In the UK,
http://programming.ccp14.ac.uk/ftp-mirror/programming/cygwin/pub/cygwin/
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.

If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package
then you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another
mirror.

The setup.exe program will figure out what needs to be updated on your
system and will install newer packages automatically.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: cygwin(at)cygwin(dot)com . I would appreciate if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.

If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.

*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:

cygwin-announce-unsubscribe-you=yourdomain(dot)com(at)cygwin(dot)com

Jason

Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6