Re: PDF 7.4?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PDF 7.4?
Date: 2003-12-22 22:26:07
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >so the problem is in the sgml itself, and not the tools... ?
> >

> Well, I have yet to get that far but I am running SuSe 8.2 and Fedora. I
> can duplicate
> the problem on both.
>
> I would suspect that something in the SGML is causing it to loop on
> itself. It may be
> a bug with openjade that is rearing its head because of something we are
> doing in
> the docs.
>
> I am going to dig a little more and see if I can find the exact problem.

I have it running on a dual Xeon 2.4G machine and the build is still
running after 2.5 hours. The strange thing is that the postgres.tex-pdf
file is growing by about 1mb per hour, and the contents show that it is
putting new information into the file that is unique (doesn't appear
earlier in the file), so it is doing something, just very slowly.

The most recent text I have in the file is:

Constructs an argument that consists of an array of bytes

which is from jdbc.sgml. I wonder if there is some non-linear behavior
for very large builds. I just phoned Tom and he suggested that idea,
and I was wondering that myself.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us