Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, speaker(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004
Date: 2003-12-19 04:30:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
It would be nice to have some sort of knowledge
of which postgres people are speaking.  I am
planning on submitting a talk as I did last year.

It would help us coordinate the BOF better.
We did not do a good job last year.  It would
also help us talk about some of the things that
could be better this year than last.  I have some
(ahem) opinions about this.

It would also help those of us from different coasts
spend some time talking at reasonable hours and places

I would be happy to help coordinate people in whatever
way I can for the actual fling.

This does not have anything to do with who is talking
to O'Reilly by the way.  Remember, they had a single
point of contact failure last year and caused some
hard feelings.  It is *good* that they've sent out
notices to several of us.  Now we just have to act
like we are sort of coordinated...

--elein