Re: Postgresql 7.4 fails to compile on Redhat Fedora Core 1 Linux

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Marcel Gsteiger" <Marcel(dot)Gsteiger(at)milprog(dot)ch>,<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql 7.4 fails to compile on Redhat Fedora Core 1 Linux
Date: 2003-12-12 18:04:31
Lists: pgsql-ports
Marcel Gsteiger wrote:
> I could reproduce the error again after "make distclean".
> However, I could work around the problem as follows:
>  I tried "make distclean", " ./configure"  (without options) and
> "make". Surprisingly this worked without errors. After this, I could
> even do a "./configure --with-python" and "make" without any further
> errors.

I tried that and various combinations of switches and environments but
could not reproduce this.  The only difference between your system and
mine that I could tell from config.log is that you're using the smp
kernel.

Here are my versions of various involved software packages:

gcc-3.3.2-1
libgcc-3.3.2-1
bash-2.05b-31
make-3.79.1-18
gawk-3.1.3-3
sed-4.0.8-1

Also, try to see if you have a broken locale setting or something weird
in the environment variables.

pgsql-ports by date