RE

From: "Mark Perez" <mperez(at)whgrp(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE
Date: 2003-11-09 19:08:29
Lists: pgadmin-support
Can someone help me? I have a large database that I have been working on in MS Access and then placed it on a Red Hat Server. It works awesome with PGAdmin and PostgreSQL. I then needed to take the code and database both an Access based import and a pgdump. When I installed the beta version, I restored the dump and all the tables appeard and they were empty. All the data was gone. So, I then imported the tables one by one, having a total of 275 tables. After importing using the Wizard, I then tried to perform SQL's, however, I had NO data listed in any of the Sequels, unless I did a SELECT * FROM [table_name], etc. All the data was there with that. But for complex issues such as CASE WHEN's and =, +, >, <, etc. No data would result from them and was told that I would have to name "explicit typecasts. I am trying to find out why, but most importantly, HOW I can proceed. I, then, went one step forward and purchased the box set of Red Hat 7.1 and after installation of the Operat
 ing System, I still cannot get it to work. Unfortunatey, Linux is so cumbersome that I just gave up. Is there anyone out there who knows how I can get around this? Becasue, I am now returning my Linux and reinstalling my Windows 2000 Server, which I should have never given up in the first place. I LOVE PostgreSQL and the performance is exceptional and this I do not want to change, but just wish that it was more of a Windows based Database Server, rather than Linux. Thank you all and if there is any advise you can give me, please do.

  • Re: RE at 2003-11-09 20:51:53 from Reshat Sabiq

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Reshat SabiqDate: 2003-11-09 20:51:53