Deadlock Detection

From: vardi(at)cs(dot)rice(dot)edu (Moshe Vardi)
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Deadlock Detection
Date: 2003-10-26 21:32:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

How do I find out in Embedded SQL that a transaction has been aborted
due to a deadlock?

The closes error message in sqlca seems to be:

-401 (ECPG_TRANS): Error in transaction processing line %d.
PostgreSQL signaled that we cannot start, commit, or rollback the
transaction.

but it does not seem to be informative enough.

Thanks,

Moshe Vardi
Rice University