Re: [HACKERS] Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL types

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,Jean-Paul ARGUDO <jpargudo(at)free(dot)fr>, Vincent Harcq <vha(at)audaxis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Mapping Oracle types to PostgreSQL types
Date: 2003-10-20 13:55:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-hackers
Le Lundi 20 Octobre 2003 14:52, Robert Treat a écrit :
> by "community" do you means users or developers? there are certainly
> enough users interested in a postgresql version that i think it would be
> viable to fork it if the compiere developers aren't willing to
> cooperate. certainly would be more work, but if you could get a stable
> version I think it could be successful.

Dear Robert,

At first, the project has limited goals: porting Compiere PL server-side code
to PLpgSQL, removing some non-SQL 99 stuff and submitting the code back and
convincing Compiere developer community to use PostgreSQL.

Then, we will see. The problem with forking is that you have to create a
developer community from scratch, which is highly difficult and most of times
impossible.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel