Re: Regional Contacts Wanted

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Dennis Bjorklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org,translators(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regional Contacts Wanted
Date: 2003-09-17 15:01:00
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 01:15:17PM +0200, Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
> > I. Regional Press
> > 	A. Help arrange translation of press releases and other Advocacy
> > 	   materials
>
> Where is the current draft? Is it still being worked on?
>
> I know there have been a lot of rewrites, that much I've seen on the list,
> but I have not followed the discussions so I don't know what happend with
> it.

The translation effort has gotten somewhat obscure.  The translators
list has moderator-approved subscribal, and my subscription wasn't
approved (why?  I am still the only one who has done any work in
translating to spanish AFAIK).  I wonder if there's someone else working
on the spanish translation of the 7.4 press release?

"The Postgresql hackers have what I call a "NASA space shot" mentality.
Quite refreshing in a world of "weekend drag racer" developers."
(Scott Marlowe)