Re: Apparently the real competition is Sybase...

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Apparently the real competition is Sybase...
Date: 2003-08-21 21:11:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Sybase is a full fledged rdbms. In the past it catered to
rapid transaction processing, particularly in the financial
community. I /assume/ it has good SQL support, data protection
as well as good scaling.

It also has/had powerbuilder as its tool set.

I can get more accurate Sybase info from the horse's
mouth if no one else has that info.

-elein