Re: [HACKERS] sa_family_t in cygwin compile of cvs + regression failure

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: deststar <deststar(at)blueyonder(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] sa_family_t in cygwin compile of cvs + regression failure
Date: 2003-06-16 17:38:01
Lists: pgsql-cygwin pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 04:54:21PM +0100, deststar wrote:
> On cygwin sa_family_t was undeclared, adding the following line:
> typedef unsigned short sa_family_t;
> to both:
> src/port/getaddrinfo.c
> src/include/libpq/pqcomm.h

Isn't the attached or fixing Cygwin itself a better approach?

> seemed to compile ok but with make check there was one regression
> failure in test privileges (doesn't look realted, but I'm not sure).

I have also observed similar problems when I (used to) use make check
myself. This test passes under make installcheck.

BTW, because of the above and the following (from the Cygwin PostgreSQL
README):

1. make check can generate spurious regression test failures due to
overflowing the the listen() backlog queue which generates
connection refused errors. Note that make installcheck does not
have this problem since it runs all tests sequentially instead of in
large concurrent groups.

I no longer use make check even though make installcheck is much less
convenient.

> Also included for ease of testing is a patch sepratly sent to patches
> for ecpg.

Thanks for the patch!

Jason

Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6

Attachment Content-Type Size
cygwin.h.diff text/plain 483 bytes