Gettext support for pgAdmin3 and the web site

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,Andreas Pflug <Andreas(dot)Pflug(at)web(dot)de>,"Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Subject: Gettext support for pgAdmin3 and the web site
Date: 2003-05-29 09:03:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi Andreas,

Just for information, do you think it would be difficult to add Gettext
support to pgAdmin3? We could run an extract script on Snake and publish the
.po files for translation everyday. I can handle po files merges for the team
if you need someone.

A good example of translation process can be found on
http://poedit.sourceforge.net/translations.php

poedit uses wxGTK against GTK2, which fully supports Unicode when compiled
with the following options:

--enable-gtk2 --enable-unicode (not sure, I guess).

pgAdmin web site can be internationalized quite easily using Php and Gettext.
Frankly, I think PhpPgAdmin translators would love to translated pgAdmin3.

If you need me to look at php source code and modify it in consequence, just
let me know.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel POURE

pgadmin-hackers by date