Re: pgAdmin II questions

From: Dmitry Morozovsky <marck(at)rinet(dot)ru>
To: Tamir Halperin <tamir(at)brobus(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin II questions
Date: 2003-03-31 21:11:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Tamir Halperin wrote:

[please wrap your long lines]

TH> Another thing I need help with is the appearance of both "template0" as
TH> well as "template1". I can't seem to delete template0 because the error
TH> from the drop action informs me that it is marked as a template.

template1 is the database which is used when you do 'create database'; all
custom modifications, such as new data types, languages, etc, are copied to the
database you create

template0 is just copy of the _default_ template1 and is created by initdb, and
then marked 'no connects to me please'. Its existense is mainly for emergency
purposes.

Sincerely,
D.Marck [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]
*** Dmitry Morozovsky --- D.Marck --- Wild Woozle --- marck(at)rinet(dot)ru ***