Re: Interesting thread about PostgreSQL and MySQL on

From: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>,"Advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Interesting thread about PostgreSQL and MySQL on
Date: 2003-03-26 23:40:35
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Wednesday 26 March 2003 06:16, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
>5 48a8c&threadid=10233290
> (That's me chiming in in the middle there)
> I had no idea that MySQL accepted NULL values in NOT NULL columns!!!!!!!!
> Chris

The cruel winds of fate have dictated that I develop a MySQL
compatible application. And I am finding out that, among other
things, it is swallowing syntax which it has no intention of actually
acting on, without the slightest hint of a warning... Didn't know
about the NULL acceptance thing though.

(Fortunately I can prototype the app with Postgres, which is
already saving me a lot of aggro by catching the mistakes early

Ian Barwick