Re: PostgreSQL flamage on Slashdot

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>,"Jason Hihn" <jhihn(at)paytimepayroll(dot)com>,"Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL flamage on Slashdot
Date: 2003-03-19 02:07:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Tuesday 18 March 2003 08:31 pm, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> Hell yeah.  Get this.  We just installed Bugzilla at our company to do bug
> tracking.  WTF!?!?!?
>
> It uses table locks every time someone submits a new bug to ensure
> integrity (since it doesn't assume foreign keys).  It actually has a
> "feature" where if you have a high traffic site, then it uses MySQL's
> replication support to create a read-only duplicate of the entire database,
> to enable people to do searches while an insert is occurring!!!!
>
> Bloody hell!!

You know bugzilla runs on postgresql now right? IIRC Red Hat even has rpm's
for it (yeah, I know your a bsd guy, but yeah, i also know you should know
this)  If anyone needs convincing, tell them that red hat uses the postgresql
version of bugzilla to power thier bugzilla database. Time for yall to switch
mate!

Robert Treat