Connection Pooling and currval

From: Chris Gamache <cgg007(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connection Pooling and currval
Date: 2003-02-25 20:12:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I've just enabled Connection Pooling on the PostgreSQL+ (Beta), and
I think I'm having some state problems.

I think currval() is returning a value from a recycled connection where it
should be undefined.

I can not duplicate this problem because I can not get the timing right, but it
is indicitive of ODBC pulling an active connection from the connection pool,
and PostgreSQL thinking it is the same connection as before... I'm using a
DSN-less connection... Can I modify this string to ensure that stateful
variables are reset even though the connection has not been (really) severed?

Here's my connection string

"Provider=MSDASQL.1;Password=xxxxxxx;Persist Security Info=True;User
ID=xxxxxxx;Mode=ReadWrite;Extended Properties=""DRIVER={PostgreSQL+

Any other suggestions?

Do you Yahoo!?

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Ben TrewernDate: 2003-02-26 13:38:27