Re: Only fails when logging is off

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Fred Parkinson <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Only fails when logging is off
Date: 2003-02-20 20:34:59
Lists: pgsql-odbc
--- Fred Parkinson <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov> wrote:
> Here is a problem that disappears when logging is
> on:

What version of PostgreSQL is this?

> 2. ERROR: Unable to identify an operator "=" for
> types "boolean" and "integer"
>    You will have to retype this query using an
> explicit cast (#7)

Sounds like an old problem.  Try running the following
code in in PostgreSQL:

CREATE FUNCTION MsAccessBool (bool, int4) RETURNS BOOL
AS '
BEGIN
  IF $1 ISNULL THEN
    RETURN NULL;
  END IF;

  IF $1 IS TRUE THEN
    IF $2 <> 0 THEN
      RETURN TRUE;
    END IF;
  ELSE
    IF $2 = 0 THEN
      RETURN TRUE;
    END IF;
  END IF;
  RETURN FALSE;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE OPERATOR = (
  LEFTARG = BOOL,
  RIGHTARG = INT4,
  PROCEDURE = MsAccessBool,
  COMMUTATOR = '=',
  NEGATOR = '<>',
  RESTRICT = EQSEL,
  JOIN = EQJOINSEL
);

If this doesn't help you, please post your ODBC driver
settings.  I assume these are boolean fields in
PostgreSQL: they should show as "yes/no" in Access.
If they do not, try relinking your tables after
running the above code.