Re: SQL command to dump the contents of table failed: PQendcopy()

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ruben <ruben20(at)superguai(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL command to dump the contents of table failed: PQendcopy()
Date: 2005-09-26 19:27:21
Lists: pgsql-general

ruben <ruben20(at)superguai(dot)com> writes:
>> As I recall, released versions of PostgreSQL usually dump core under
>> $PGDATA/base/<database oid>. However, it's also possible that your
>> coredumpsize resource limit prevents core dumps; you could fix that
>> by putting a command like "ulimit -c unlimited" in your PostgreSQL
>> startup script and then stopping and restarting PostgreSQL.

> I cannot find a core file, ulimit is set to unlimit. I guess I'm doing
> something wrong:

> -bash-2.05b$ ulimit
> unlimited
> -bash-2.05b$ find /usr/local/pgsql -name '*core*' -print

(1) The fact that it's unlimited in your user environment doesn't prove
that it's unlimited in the environment the postmaster is started in.

(2) I forget which constraint ulimit-with-no-argument prints, but it's
not core file size. (Try "ulimit -a")

Please actually follow the advice given to you above.