Re: BoolsAsChar

From: Matt Clark <mclark(at)rushe(dot)aero(dot)org>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BoolsAsChar
Date: 2002-12-12 23:38:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I have recently upgraded from postgresql-7.2x to postgresql-7.3, and also
downloaded the ODBC version psqlodbc-7.01.00.03-src.

My application is running on Solaris, and was running correctly under
postgresql-7.2x

However, attempting to run under postgresql-7.3 and the psqlodbc-7.01 appears to
have problems.

1 - apparently there is a problem with the flag "ksqo", which 7.3 does not
recognize.  I found a patch in the archives which apparently just comments out
the SQLExecDirect call which sets the flag.  The patch doesn't match the code in
connection.c, however....

2 - apparently there is a problem in that my database appears to be opened
readonly.  Using SQLDirectExec  with the string "update MYCOUNTER set CVALUE =
101 where CNAME='USER_ID'" fails with the error message 'Connection is
readonly'.  I can issue the same SQL statement from psql successfully.  Is there
some other flag that changed?

Any hints?

The client is running on Solaris, not NT.

Thanks,

Matt

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: HanDate: 2002-12-13 06:55:18