Re: French translation proposal for the FAQ

From: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Bruno Baguette" <bruno(dot)baguette(at)netcourrier(dot)com>,<pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: French translation proposal for the FAQ
Date: 2002-12-03 18:02:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Tuesday 03 December 2002 18:36, Bruno Baguette wrote:
> Hello from Belgium,
>
> Since I want to promote the use of PostgreSQL, I would like to translate
> some english pages into french in order to give a french-speaking
> documentation to french-speaking PostgreSQL users.
>
> I would like to translate the FAQ
> (http://www.be.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html) in french, but I
> have a question. When I will finish this translation, is it possible to
> publish it inside the official PostgreSQL website (with the other
> translations of the FAQ) ?
>
> I'm waiting for your acknoledgement about this proposal before beginning
> the translation,

I can't speak "officially" but I don't see any problems. When you've
finished make sure you send a copy to the pgsql-docs list.

By the way at the moment the general FAQ and the translations
are created as HTML documents, from which the text versions
are generated. Have a look at the English FAQ for the general
structure.

Regards

Ian Barwick (current maintainer of the German FAQ translation)
barwick(at)gmx(dot)net