Re: redhat 6.2

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: "Nick Taylor" <ntaylor87(at)earthlink(dot)net>,<pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: redhat 6.2
Date: 2002-06-10 18:03:31
Lists: pgsql-ports
On Sunday 09 June 2002 02:43 pm, Nick Taylor wrote:
> I was looking for rpms for the latest version of postgresql for my redhat
> 6.2 system.  All I could find were for sparc workstations.  Do you have the
> rpms for i386?  If so where can I obtain them?

I only have SPARCs running RedHat 6.2.  The only reason I built and uploaded
them was to be a pointer to the fact that the source RPM can rebuild without
much fuss on RedHat 6.2.  As I don't have any intel boxen running RH 6.2
(everything here is on either Mandrake 5.3 or Red Hat 7.3), I can't build
intel binaries for RH 6.2.  But I can at least verify that the RPM builds on
_a_ Red Hat 6.2 system since I do run a few SPARCs that are currently on Red
Hat 6.2.  Once the Aurora project gets a full dist available my SPARC systems
will be going to that, although I might keep my SPARCclassics on 6.2 due to
the larger footprint of the 7.x-based Aurora.

So, I believe I documented the switches necessary to rebuild on RedHat 6.2 in
the README.rpm-dist file as distributed with the source RPM.

The short answer is 'rpm --rebuild --define 'build6x 1' postgresql.src.rpm'
(get whatever the latest release is in the SRPMS directory close by the
redhat-6.2 directory you already found).  Then look in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 for your freshly rebuilt RPMs.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio