Re: Replication status

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication status
Date: 2002-05-28 07:40:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 05:12:33PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Last I talked to Darren, the replication code was modified to merge into
> our 7.2 tree. There are still pieces missing so it will not be
> functional when applied. It is remotely possible there could be
> master-slave in 7.3, but I doubt it.

This is about pgreplication I think. Is the the replication project of
choice for pgsql? IIRC there quite some projects for this topic:

PostgreSQL replicator
Rserver
Usogres
dbbalancer

What about these? We seem to have some proof-of-concept code of rserver
in contrib. Dbbalancer seems to be more focussed on balancing access and
not replication, but can do this too.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes