Re: libpq++ fixes

From: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq++ fixes
Date: 2002-05-19 15:21:18
Lists: pgsql-patches
On Sun, 19 May 2002 17:14:23 +0200 (CEST)
"Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> Neil Conway writes:
>
> > This patch fixes a few minor problems with libpq++: remove the deprecated
> > PQExec(" ") in the wrapper around PQnotifies(), fix the Makefile for
> > the examples so that they will actually compile properly (with the
> > exception of #5, which depends on internal headers), make a minor change
> > to libpq++.h so that "make examples" now works on my machine, update
> > some documentation, fix some grammatical problems, and remove some of
> > the more hideous comments.
>
> Unfortunately, replacing #include <header.h> with #include <header> is
> going to break a bunch of other platforms.

Really? Which ones?

> As for the formatting changes, maybe we should run pgindent over those
> files.  It seems it has never been done.

Yeah -- I was going to suggest that. But given how hideous most of
the libpq++ code is, and the availibility of a replacement for it
(see libpqxx), I'm not sure if it's worth the bother...

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway(at)rogers(dot)com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC