Re: eWeek Poll: Which database is most critical to your

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: eWeek Poll: Which database is most critical to your
Date: 2002-02-28 07:04:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 12:39:16AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I cannot believe that caching results for literally-identical queries
> is a win, except perhaps for the most specialized (read brain dead)

I don't think they are brain dead. Well that is at first I thought so too,
but then thinking some more it made sense. After all MySQL is used mostly
for web pages and even your dynamic content doesn't change that often. But
in between there are thousands of concurrent access that all execute the
very same statement. This feature makes no sense IMO for the "normal" use we
both probably had in mind when first reading, but for this web usage I see a
benefit if it's implementable.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes