Bug #601: libpq needs a lo_truncate() or INV_TRUNC

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #601: libpq needs a lo_truncate() or INV_TRUNC
Date: 2002-02-22 23:07:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Aaron Hillegass (aaron(at)bignerdranch(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
libpq needs a lo_truncate() or INV_TRUNC

Long Description
I'm using the large object interface to store documents.  Sometimes the documents are edited and get larger (take up more memory).  This is fine,  I just lo_write out the new version of the document.  Other times,  the documents get edited and get smaller.  This is bad because I can't find any way to make the large object smaller.

Following unix conventions,  it would be nice to have a lo_truncate() to make the large object a specific length.  Or,  a flag to lo_open() that would make the opened large object zero-length (INV_TRUNC seems like a natural name for the flag).

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

pgsql-bugs by date