Re: SET NULL / SET NOT NULL

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SET NULL / SET NOT NULL
Date: 2002-02-20 15:58:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 06:31:59AM -0500,
Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com> wrote:

> Just checked my stuff, it's pretty much idle. There are alot of
> undeliverable in the queue but those are mainly failed dns lookup
> and alot of the same addresses over and over. The only messages in
> the queue with "SET NULL" in them anywhere are the ones from the current
> discussion. Without seeing a FULL header on these messages there's no
> way to know what's going on, but qmail will bounce them if they're still
> undeliverable after a few days (4, I think).

A while back I had problems because of some bad routing tables. Your old
ISP couldn't send traffic to my box. Then after postgresql.org moved,
I could reach that server, but it appeared that the old dns cache was
still being used and my email was rejected because it couldn't get
a records for my domain name. During this period I could send messages
using a domain literal instead of my normal domain name. The machine
that sends out list mail was also able to use my domain name for the
whole time. (I subscribed to a couple of the lists before an IP change moved
me to the block with the routing issue.)