BLOB files, Updates, ... 2nd Edition

From: Egon Sommer <Service(at)Sommer-Maschinenbau(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BLOB files, Updates, ... 2nd Edition
Date: 2002-02-15 11:17:52
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello everybody,

There are more things I do not understand:

In my last letter I wrote that I save empty BLOB as NULL. And I wrote that the number of files is the same as bevore. WRONG: After the converting there are MORE
files :( Tell me a way to fight agains this.

2nd problem is: If I try to read one of this BLOBS with ResultSet.getBinaryStream() I get an error message like "relation 0 does not exist". Sure it does not exist. It's
NULL.... But to avoid this exception I have to use ResultSet.wasNull(). But this function is not available BEVORE I used a getXXX-methode. And AFTER using a
getXXX-methode it's to late.

Any idears?

I use: Postgressql 7.0.3 with driver jdbc7.1-1.3.jar

Hope you can help me...

Greetings
Joerg Sommer

Sommer Maschinenbau