Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL

From: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Michael Devogelaere <michael(at)digibel(dot)be>
Cc: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL crashes with Qmail-SQL
Date: 2002-01-25 16:34:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Michael Devogelaere wrote:

> >     The  crash he reported this time looks like a backend dumping
> >     core.  I wonder how he killed the postmaster  the  last  time
> >     and if he by doing it with -9 corrupted the database?
> He killed the database with -9, rebooted the machine, removed /var/lib/pgsql
> and created a new database from scratch. Then he populated the database again
> and ran the test again.

    So  you  did a new initdb? And then you got a core dump. Ewe,
    that doesn't seem right.

    The test case is still on your web page?  I  think  I  should
    download it and take a closer look.

> He doesn't have a Riksha or a Ferrari. But he would hate it if the doors
> fell of his Ferrari after opening and closing them a few times ;)

    That's the problem with Ferrari. What makes them expensive is
    that you need 3 cars. The Ferrari, a useful reliable one, and
    the car for the mechanic.

Jan