Re: how to limit postgresql process and memory time

From: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Emmanuel SARACCO <esaracco(at)noos(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to limit postgresql process and memory time
Date: 2002-01-17 15:26:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Emmanuel SARACCO wrote:
> hi,
>
> how can I limit all my postgresql processes to a certain percent of
> processor work and a maximum amount of memory.
> for exemple, to limit postgresql to 50% of processor work and 250mo of
> memory.

I don't know of any UNIX operating system that can be
configured that way. You might have to look into some virtual
machine architectures.

Or you can try to get PostgreSQL running on DEC VMS. That OS
does have all these tuning options, real time capabilities,
lots of switches that could be tuned and tuned forever.

> all automatically.

You want something very special, how could that be done
automatically?

Jan