Re: problem to configure postgresql

From: Francis Purcell <francis_purcell(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem to configure postgresql
Date: 2001-11-12 11:44:43
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi Giuliano,

Like someone else pointed out, there is a pre-built version that comes with Cygwin.  To answer the
question "why would you want to build?", you may want to install a pg language other than pgSql,
like pgTcl or pgPython, etc...  At least that's my main reason for wanting to build...

Anyway, the "cannot find -lcygipc" error seems to be saying that this file
/usr/local/lib/libcygipc.a does not exist.  That may be your problem right there.  I have this
file, and I do not get this error after doing a ./configure.  But this isn't saying much, since I
have major problems with the make step once I'm done configuring.  I've built postgres in the past
though, so...

My advice is to follow these instructions, even though they are a bit out of date
http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html.  And if anyone knows of any instructions
that are more up to date, please post them.

Good luck,
Frank