Re: cvs tip problems

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Joe Conway <joseph(dot)conway(at)home(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cvs tip problems
Date: 2001-10-01 21:07:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> > > I would propose that the reference machine be one that one of the
> > > "committers" owns, and be one whose owner is willing to *always* go
> > > through the effort to resolve regression test changes and differences.
> > Er ... wasn't that *you*?
>
> Yes. At the moment my toes are bright red and sore from being stepped
> on, and I'm trying to get out of the way or figure out what the problems
> are. I'm happy to continue to contribute things like this, but don't
> like being held up then bypassed then ignored (cf current docs building
> troubles). I'm frustrated.

I think we are all just scrambing to get beta ready while the server
reconfigures itself.  :-)  I don't see any fundamental changes being
proposed.  We are trying to plug leaks and are stepping on toes, or at
least it looks that way sometimes.  :-)  I can yank my CVS build if it
causes confusion once we get the main one working.